Most Popular Posts
- Industrial Sensing Fundamentals – Back to the Basics: NPN vs PNP
- Basic Operating Principle of an Inductive Proximity Sensor
- Back to the Basics – How do I wire my 3-wire sensors?
- Three Common Mistakes When Selecting a Sensor
- Analog Signals: 0 to 10V Vs. 4-20 mA
- Which cable jacket is best for your application?
- Flush or Non-Flush - What's the Difference?
- Inductive Proximity Sensor Targets - Material does matter
- Photoelectric Basics - Light On or Dark On
- How do I choose the right sensor?
Connect with us
Contact usBalluff, Inc.
8125 Holton Drive
Florence, KY 41042
Awards & Recognition
Category Archives: Level Sensing
In the first blog on level detection we discussed containers and single point and continuous level sensing. In this edition we will discuss invasive and non-invasive sensing methods and which sensing technologies apply to each version. Keep in mind that when we are … Continue reading
Initially I started to write this blog to compare photoelectric sensors to ultrasonic sensors for level detection. This came to mind after traveling around and visiting customers that had some very interesting applications. However, as I started to shed some … Continue reading
In liquid level sensing applications, capacitive sensors can be mounted directly in contact with the medium or indirectly with no contact to the medium. Containers made of metal or very thick non-metallic tank walls (more than 1″) typically require mounting … Continue reading